This super simple rosemary chicken is mouthwateringly delicious down to the last bite. Using just 3 ingredients you can prepare decadent chicken, flavored with rosemary, and smothered in a thick gravy… this recipe won’t disappoint!
The second best thing about this rosemary chicken is how easy it is to make (first of course being how good it tastes)! Using just three ingredients you can prepare a savory chicken dish that is sure to be a crowd pleaser! Whether you are new to cooking or are a seasoned at-home-chef, YOU CAN MAKE THIS DISH– I promise, it really is that simple.
What you’ll need to make the chicken:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2-3 Tbsp rosemary (I prefer to use dried over fresh for this recipe)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Tip: When using dried herbs (such as rosemary) crush them in your hand before adding them to the recipe– this helps release the oils and will increase both fragrance & flavor!
2. In a pan, large enough to cook your chicken, heat up olive oil and butter over medium heat.
3. Add chicken breasts to the pan & allow one side to brown before flipping. I definitely could have used a larger pan for these ENORMOUS chicken breasts!
4. Flip the chicken breasts and brown the other side.
5. Once both sides are browned, add in chicken broth and cover with a lid. Cook the chicken covered with the lid for 5 minutes.
6. Remove the lid and allow the broth to almost completely evaporate, there should be just a thin layer of thick gravy coating the bottom of the pan. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breast, it will be done once the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees*. Tip: While the broth is evaporating, occasionally flip the chicken and spoon some of the sauce over the top to keep it moist!
7. Serve with your favorite vegetable, some pasta or rice & ENJOY!!
Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!
*Click here to see safe minimum cooking temperatures for meats and other cooked foods!
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.